Welcome to the OIC Yoga School
Wherever you are on your journey with yoga, we our glad the path has brought you here! Whether you are a professional yoga teacher looking for further training or a yoga practitioner looking to deepen your understanding, we are certain our program will provide extensive enrichment and opportunities for growth. Our training curriculum honors the historical and cultural roots of Yoga, and includes the subjects of Philosophy, Ayurveda, Meditation, Pranayama, Asana, and more.
Upcoming Workshops & Trainings
- Dec. 9-10: Kundalini Yoga Immersion with Carole Westerman – in-person and/or virtual
- Jan. 20-21, 2024: MyoFascial Release and Fascial Immersion with Carole Westerman – in-person and/or virtual
- Feb. 10-11, 2024: Pranayama, Mudra, & Bandha with Carole Westerman – in-person and/or virtual
- March 9-10, 2024: Teaching Yoga in the Community and Beyond with Stephanie Watson – in-person and/or virtual
A Holistic Approach
At Omaha Integrative Care our mission is to create a sanctuary in which all people collaborate in their healing – mind, body and spirit – and are empowered to engage in their own health and wellness to live life to the fullest. We carry this vision into our Yoga Training Programs, as we create a curriculum designed to cultivate and support integrative health and well-being for all.
Our training curriculum honors the roots of Yoga, and includes the subjects of Philosophy, Ayurveda, Meditation, Pranayama, Asana, and more.
Our training is unique as it includes 11 training weekends. This allows us to really dive deep into our subject matter in ways that cannot be done in typical weekly drop-in classes.
We will include various styles of Yoga in our exploration, including Yin, Restorative, Yoga Nidra, Hatha, and Vinyasa. Part of our learning will include making the practice accessible to a variety of individuals by using props, chairs, the wall, and various adaptive strategies.
Through our time together, we will learn that Yoga is more than a physical practice. Yoga is an integrative practice that includes body, mind and spirit.
We are committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms as we foster and maintain respect and inclusion for all members of the communities we serve. To this end, we offer special pricing to members of the BIPOC and/or LGBTQIA+ communities.
The faculty of the OIC Yoga School includes some of Omaha’s most educated and experienced teachers. Carole Westerman is the Lead Trainer and will be doing the bulk of the training. Carole has led at least 25 rounds of 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Trainings and 10 rounds of 300-Hour Trainings. She brings a breadth of knowledge and training experience that is unparalleled in the Omaha area.
Stephanie Watson and Emily Goodwin will also be part of the training faculty. Both bring their own impressive education and experience to the table as well. All of our lead faculty teachers are 500-Hour Level teachers. Additionally, each of our lead faculty members has background specialties that complement their expertise:
- Carole has a Master’s Degree in Psychology and has many years of experience working in the field of mental health.
- Stephanie has a Master’s Degree in Spiritual Psychology and has experience teaching at a local college.
- Emily is an Occupational Therapist and is our go-to expert on all things anatomy and physiology.