Integrative Therapeutic Yoga:
Stretching the mind and body
Yoga is an integral part of any mind/body process. As therapy encourages us to move into the hard places for insight, yoga helps us soften into those spaces for growth and flexibility. OIC offers a unique yoga experience with Registered Yoga Teachers who are part of our integrative team, bringing integrative healthcare to their classes and individual sessions. Our yoga is both traditional and contemporary, influenced by the fundamental practices of yoga: Asanas (postures), Pranayama (Breathwork), Meditation and Relaxation. Our yoga classes are unique to the Omaha area, offering therapeutic yoga within a trauma-informed lens to ensure the inclusivity, safety, and accessibility to all people.
Classes are offered as drop-in classes or available in session packages.
- Mommy & Me Toddler Yoga: This 45-minute class is perfect for moms and young children to play, relax and have fun. This class is designed for moms and toddlers (ages 1-5).
- Every fourth Tuesday of the month, 2:00-2:45 PM
- Sign up HERE
- Compassion Through Self-Care: During February it seems as if everyone is discussing loving others, particularly in regards to a significant partner. This workshop invites you to begin a relationship with our greatest partner, ourselves.
You’re invited to open your perspective by talking about practices of self-care, empowering yourself through self-love, and feeling nurtured through compassionate awareness. Let yourself learn how to cultivate practices that allow you to feel the love you deserve. This workshop will incorporate yoga, sound & discussion.
- Sunday, February 2nd 1:00-3:00 PM
- Sign up HERE
- Yoga for Fertility: This six-week session is designed to meet the needs of women who are trying to conceive. Class is designed around an all-encompassing nourishment wheel that focuses on health for the body, mind and spirit. This unique session teaches postures and breathing techniques that calm the body, nourishes the reproductive organs, and release anxiety and stress.
- Begins February 4th (6 weeks)
- Sign up HERE – use PROMO code FY for $40 off by January 17th
- Valentine’s Couples Workshop: Join us for this couples workshop that includes partner yoga and massage! Price is $40 per couple and includes the workshop, chocolate, and sparkling cider. The yoga practice is open to all levels and will utilize partner poses and movements, along with breathwork. Learn easy techniques for partner massage on the neck, shoulders, hands, and feet. All massaging will be done over clothes. Feel free to bring a partner, spouse, friend, etc! This is a workshop open to connect with whomever feels right!
- February 16th 1:00-3:00 PM
- Sign up HERE – must pre-register, limited space available
Opportunities For Practice
- Yoga for Anxiety & Depression: Anxiety and depression are conditions that cause people to get stuck “inside their heads” with negative self-talk, body shaming, an obsession of the past or worry/anxiety of the future. Yoga, as a form of physical activity, will help to increase your awareness of sensations within your body, allowing you to come to the present and ultimately creating a healing effect. The first class of its kind in the Omaha metro area, this class will take you through poses that help reconnect the mind and body and release any negative effects. Explanation and take home tips will always be provided so that this class can help you beyond the physical space.
- Deep Relaxation – Restorative Yoga: This slow-moving class is strategically designed to heal mind, body, and spirit. This class uses longer held poses with props to help support the body release any chronic stress built up, and tense or tight muscles. This 75-minute class will allow students to find gentle, easy, meditative movements to allow stillness, renewal, and ease.
- Slow Flow Yoga: This class is open to all levels of people, designed to meet the student where they are. This class will not only give you the foundation and continuum of yoga but will teach you how yoga and meditation can be used every day. This class brings it’s focus to 3 primary things; mind, body, & spirit. It will guide the student deeply into mental clarity through the balancing of emotions and body. It is open to all people ready to gently explore the personal power that lies within. This class is centered around what the students need, to find strength, expression, support, peace of mind, and overall peace of mind, through a flow of sequenced postures.
- Prenatal Yoga: Connect with your pregnancy in our prenatal yoga class. Gentle, nurturing and fun, this class teaches a series of yoga postures and breathing techniques designed to bring awareness and relaxation to your body. It’s not about burning calories, it’s about finding balance and maintaining harmony. Open to women in their second and third trimesters.
- Yoga for Fertility: This six-week session is designed to meet the needs of women who are trying to conceive. Class is designed around an all-encompassing nourishment wheel that focuses on health for the body, mind and spirit. This unique session teaches postures and breathing techniques that calm the body, nourishes the reproductive organs, and release anxiety and stress. Each class delves into the deeper yogic teachings of meditation, visualization, and the power of our thoughts and attitudes. As we relax and let go of physical and emotional toxins, we begin to have a clearer sense of self and insight into our fertility journey. Class sizes are kept small to facilitate a sharing and supportive community.
- Trauma-Sensitive Yoga: This is a non-assist yoga class. The main objectives of Therapeutic Yoga are to help people feel comfortable in their own bodies, learn how to self-regulate and steer away from ruminative thought processes. One student made the comment that she felt “just a little bit calmer, a little more centered on my feet, a little more hopeful.
- Private Yoga Sessions: Combining Healing Postures with relaxation tools, breathwork, guided meditation and imagery, your Registered Yoga Therapist will design a personal healing practice to promote overall health and well being. Individual sessions are appropriate for all levels, from beginners wanting to develop a foundation to experienced yoga practitioners looking to enhance their existing practice.
Winter Weather Policy
During the winter months, there may be times when it is necessary to close the studio due to weather conditions such as snow or extreme cold. Our studio closure follows the lead of the Millard Public School District (on the weekdays).
If Millard Public Schools closes (weekdays):
- All yoga classes before noon will be canceled
- Yoga classes in the evening will be posted by 2 pm that day
- If needed yoga classes will be canceled on MindBodyOnline 1 hour minimum prior to the class start time
Please check our schedule online before heading to class on inclement Winter weather days/evenings.