What is Integrative Healthcare?
Integrative medicine is a holistic approach guided by each person’s unique set of circumstances – physical, emotional, mental, social, spiritual and environmental. Integrative medicine utilizes a wide array of treatments and modalities to treat illness as well as enhance wellness throughout the lifespan. Integrative medicine treatments complement conventional care and empower you to make positive lifestyle changes and utilize the integrative therapies that will help you live happy, healthy, and whole.
Join us for our Experiential Open House > free yoga & mindfulness classes, massages, herbal consults, and more! Meet our providers and staff and EXPERIENCE Omaha Integrative Care!
Guiding Principles of Integrative Care at Omaha Integrative Care:
- Recognition of the mind-body connection, where mindfulness and stress-reduction tools are frequently used.
- Each treatment or preventative plan is based on each person’s unique set of needs.
- Integrative medicine involves autonomy of the patient, within supportive coaching, education and goal setting.
- All practices in Integrative Medicine are backed by, and informed in evidence.
- Within the treatment of care, there is also a large component of broad concepts of education for preventative care.
- All parts of life influence our health – physical, emotional, spiritual, mental, social and environmental.
- Integrative providers take equal roles within the patient’s health, they are partners in health.
- Integrative medicine goes beyond symptomatic treatment, in order to treat all causes of illness.
- Patient and provider utilize both Western and Eastern therapies to help ignite the body’s innate healing process.
Integrative Care goes beyond “fixing the initial problem” and symptoms, but also fosters the development of healthy behaviors and skills in order to ignite an internal self-healing to live life to the fullest.