The OIC team is very excited to be accepting applications for a Certified Medical Assistant to join our Integrative Experience Team! To apply, please visit www.jobshareconnect.com to set up a profile or contact email@example.com.
The Medical Assistant provides support to providers and staff at a holistic health and wellness practice working together as a team to deliver a continuum of health and wellness services. The Medical Assistant will primarily conduct and coordinate laboratory work and assist with scheduling, checking patients in, collecting payments, and patient chart data entry and preparation.
Position-Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for patient appointments, scheduling, canceling, rescheduling client appointments for nurse practitioners and other providers as needed.
- Works directly with providers in maintaining the accuracy of their schedules.
- Provides administrative support to providers, answering phones, charting, and case management.
- Collects and records co-payments from patients, including accurate documentation of transactions.
- Collection and data entry responsibilities include problem identification and resolution of specific data entry functions.
- Initiates tracking of client charts appropriate to patient care via the electronic health record.
- Checks and prepares charts for the following day and maintains patient charts through established procedures.
- Complies with established policy for Release of Information of pertinent clinical information as requested by the patient or patient legal representative, in a timely manner.
- Performs clinical procedures which do not require the skill/knowledge or judgment of a licensed professional and which may be safely delegated in accordance with policies, procedures, and state professional licensure requirements.
- Records and reports any changes in patient condition to licensed health care professionals.
- Collects and prepares ordered specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Completes Prior Authorization request for medications and assists with medication refills.
- Responsible for keeping the lab area clean and ready for the next patient, ordering lab supplies to ensure adequate inventory by anticipating area usage and needs.
- Collaborate and effectively communicate with multiple disciplines and stakeholders.
- Communicate openly by taking initiative and responsibility.
- Contribute to the whole with creativity and flexibility.
- Previous experience in a medical setting is required.
- Psychiatric experience preferred.
- Phlebotomy certification through nationally recognized organization (preferred)
- Education/Licensure High school graduate or equivalent with specialized training in typing, transcription, medical terminology, and record-keeping preferred.
- Experience in providing a culturally responsive and trauma-informed approach.
- Certified as a Medical Assistant (AAMA).
- Professional level BLS certification.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Analytical, organizational, team, and self-directing skills.
- Knowledge of operation (user level) personal computer programs.
- Skilled in interacting with customers via phone and face-to-face.
- Ability to handle change and shift priorities in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Ability to collaborate and effectively communicate within the integrative model..
- Regular hours include Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm with flexible scheduling options (i.e., one late evening a week).
- Health insurance available
- Flexible hours
- Wellness credit
- At OIC we value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. OIC encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable law.