Everything you want to know about the herbal medicine at Omaha Integrative Care.
- The herbal formulas and products you purchase from me at Omaha Integrative Care contain the highest quality and purity of organic herbs from around the world, sustainably sourced, and locally sourced whenever possible.
- The tinctures contain 190 proof ethanol derived from gluten-free grain sources.
- The glycerites contain 99.7% USP Kosher glycerine derived from palm oil.
- The herbal dispensary at Omaha Integrative Care was established in June 2018. It is located in my office at Omaha Integrative Care – Lakeside (17021 Lakeside Hills Plz, Ste 101, Omaha, NE 68130).
- The herbal formulas are custom-made and handcrafted with mindful intention by me.
- The space where I compound the herbs is kept sanitary, free from contaminants, and cleansed regularly.
- The dispensary and the herbal compounding I do at Omaha Integrative Care are compliant with the basic principles of Good Manufacturing Practices. Becoming 100% compliant with GMP is a complex process that takes time, and I am actively taking steps to make it happen as quickly as possible.
- I view the craft of blending customized herbal formulas as a sacred art. I take care to maintain a state of peaceful and positive purity in my mind, body, and spirit while I compound herbal formulas.
- It is not necessary to refrigerate liquid herbal supplements.
- Store your herbal products in a dry environment at room temperature, away from direct sunlight and moisture.
- The best way to store dried herbs is in air-tight glass containers.
- Long-term exposure to extreme heat or cold may lessen the potency of the herbal medicine.
- Before using any liquid herbal supplement, shake the bottle to disperse the sediment at the bottom and to activate the chemistry of the herbs.
- If you take medications or drugs, make sure to take herbs at least 1 hour apart.
- Alcohol-based extracts such as tinctures and flower essences will keep for at least 7 years from the manufacture date.
- Glycerites will keep for at least 3 years from the manufacture date.
- Liniments will keep for at least 7 years from the manufacture date.
- Dried herbs (for teas, baths, poultices, compresses): Leafy and flowery dry herbs will keep for 1-2 years from the manufacture date. Roots, barks, berries, and seeds will keep for 2-3 years from the manufacture date.
*The phrase “will keep” used here references the plants’ period of most potency.
Please note, the herbal products in the dispensary at Omaha Integrative Care are only available for herbalism patients.
If you have questions about the herbal medicine at Omaha Integrative Care, please contact me directly at email@example.com.