Fall Into Relaxation Workshop:
September 9th 1-3PM OIC Lakeside $25. Sign up HERE. *must pre-register*
Yoga: Stretching the mind and body
Yoga is an integral part of any mind/body process. As therapy/counseling/coaching encourages us to move into the hard places for insight, yoga helps us soften into those spaces for growth and flexibility. OIC offers a unique yoga experience with Registered Yoga Teachers who are part of our integrative team, bringing integrative healthcare to their classes and individual sessions. Our yoga is both traditional and contemporary, influenced by the fundamental practices of yoga: Asanas (postures), Pranayama (Breathwork), Meditation and Relaxation. Our teachers are embedded in our integrative model which includes acupuncture, nutrition, therapeutic massage and counseling. This allows them to develop holistic classes and interventions to meet your unique needs.
Classes are either drop-in classes or sessions. Sessions are a series of classes that build on a certain theme, giving students an opportunity to focus on a specific goal and go deeper into their practice.
You can view and register for classes on our Classes page.
Rates (excluding session classes or otherwise notated):
Below is a description of some of our classes that are unique to Omaha.
Opportunities For Practice
- Yoga for Anxiety & Depression: Anxiety and depression are conditions that cause people to get stuck “inside their heads” with negative self-talk, body shaming, obsession of the past or worry/anxiety of the future. Yoga, as a form of physical activity, will help to increase your awareness of sensations within your body, allowing you to come to the present and ultimately creating a healing affect. The first class of its kind in the Omaha metro area, this class will take you through poses that help reconnect the mind and body and release any negative affects. Explanation and take home tips will always be provided so that this class can help you beyond the physical space.
- Deep Relaxation – Restorative Yoga: This slow moving class is strategically designed to heal mind, body and spirit. This class uses longer held poses with props to help support the body release any chronic stress built up in the body. This 75-minute class will allow students to find gentle, easy, meditative movements to allow stillness, renewal and ease.
- Yoga for Health: This class is open to all levels of people, designed to meet the student where they are. This class will not only give you the foundation and continuum of yoga but will teach you how yoga and meditation both can be used everyday. This class brings it’s focus to 3 primary things; mind, body, & spirit. It will guide the student deeply into mental clarity through balancing of emotions and body. Yoga for Health is open to all people ready to gently explore the personal power that lies within. This class is centered around what the students need, to find strength, expression, support, peace of mind, and an overall peace of mind.
- Sign up HERE.
- Yoga for Retirees: This class for anyone who is looking for a way to help maintain the health of muscles, bones, and mind! Designed for all bodies of a certain age – no experience necessary! This class utilizes many props (including a chair) to ensure all bodies have the correct modifications.
- Teen Yoga & Wellness Program: Teens deserve all the love and care that they can get to learn how to fit in and learn how to be healthy. They deserve to reconnect their mind and bodies. Mostly, they deserve to learn how to love themselves. These sessions offer an open and judgment-free place to learn more about yoga and wellness. There will be positive mantras to focus on for the week and activities to instill motivation, creativity and individualism. Teens will be introduced to different types of yoga including Vinyasa, Iyengar, Hatha, Yin,and Restorative. This program will provide an introduction to all the body’s energy locks and the benefits and uses of each one. Lastly, there will be an introduction to meditation including breathing exercises and relaxation techniques to calm and energize the body.
- Prenatal Yoga: Connect with your pregnancy in our prenatal yoga class. Gentle, nurturing and fun, this class teaches a series of yoga postures and breathing techniques designed to bring awareness and relaxation to your body. It’s not about burning calories, it’s about finding balance and maintaining harmony. Open to women in their second and third trimesters.
- Yoga for Fertility: The only Yoga for Fertility class offered in Nebraska, this six-week course was specially designed by Tami Quinn and Beth Heller, who founded Pulling Down the Moon, to meet the needs of women who are trying to conceive. It teaches postures and breathing techniques that calm the body, nourish the reproductive organs, and release anxiety and stress. Each class delves into the deeper yogic teachings of meditation, visualization, and the power of our thoughts and attitudes. As we relax and let go of physical and emotional toxins, we begin to have a clearer sense of self and insight into our fertility journey. Class sizes are kept small to facilitate a sharing and supportive community.
- Trauma Sensitive Yoga: This is a non-assist yoga class. The main objectives of Therapeutic Yoga are to help people feel comfortable in their own bodies, learn how to self-regulate and steer away from ruminative thought processes. One student made the comment that she felt “just a little bit calmer, a little more centered on my feet, a little more hopeful.
- Make an appointment by emailing email@example.com
- Private Yoga Sessions: Combining Healing Postures with relaxation tools, breathwork, guided meditation and imagery, your Registered Yoga Therapist will design a personal healing practice to promote overall health and well being. Individual sessions are appropriate for all levels, from beginners wanting to develop a foundation to experienced yoga practitioners looking to enhance their existing practice.
- Make an appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Stevie to help guide you and your partner through a Valentine’s Day Partner yoga class.
Winter Weather Policy
During the Winter months, there may be times when it is necessary to close the studio due to weather conditions such as snow or extreme cold. Our studio closure follows the lead of the Millard Public School District (on the weekdays).
If Millard Public Schools closes (weekdays):
- All yoga classes before noon will be cancelled
- Yoga classes in the evening will be posted by 2pm that day
- If needed yoga classes will be cancelled on MindBodyOnline 1 hour minimum prior to the class start time
Please check our schedule online before heading to class on inclement Winter weather days/evenings.