Tantric Dance offers us an authentic experience of our Shakti, or life force, energy. Join Sherry Helmke for an afternoon of Tantric Dance and explore a powerful practice that connects you to the vibration of your authentic pleasure and power — and honors your Shakti, also known as your Kundalini energy, whether she is at rest or in movement.
This women’s dance experience will be Saturday December 20th from 2 – 5 p.m. at Omaha Integrative Care. The cost is $30, or $25 if you attend with a friend. You will be introduced to several keys of the dance that together allow your creative and sexual fire to flow into and through you.
No previous dance or yoga experience is needed.
Sherry has found greater presence, authenticity and pleasure in her life through Tantric Dance. A Reiki Master, she completed Tantric Dance Teacher Training with Kathy Kali, Tantric Dance facilitator, hypnotherapist and founder of Lotus Moon Temple in southern Oregon. www.tantricdance.org.
For information or to register, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (253) 534-5051.
Your holiday guide to finding your center. As we move into the holiday season we know it can feel overwhelming and down right daunting. Whether you are a caregiver, a busy professional or just wanting to hold on to that giving spirit; the practitioners at OIC want to offer you some tools for getting ready for the holidays. Read more for some suggestions and offerings on finding your center!
And voila! Winter is here. Going from mild fall weather to chilling winds and snow has caught us off guard. I think Mother Nature is reminding us to shift our habits and prepare for the colder months. Here are some tips for winterizing your body, mind and spirit:
- Tired? Get more sleep. According to yoga’s sister science ayurveda, getting enough sleep this time of year is crucial for a healthy balance.
- Move. With that said, it’s important to keep moving. We may not be as inclined toward outdoor activities but yoga is a valuable exercise for moving during the cold months.
- Eat warming foods. It sounds like common sense, so follow your gut. Warm foods like soups and teas help support good gut health. Many spices are also helpful for warding off illness during winter months.
- Get a massage. If you need an excuse to get a massage here it is. Massage is not just a treat, but therapeutic. Massages in the winter can help with circulation and immune functioning as well as those cold and achy muscles and joints. Reiki is a great way to move winter energy.
- Acupuncture for winterizing. Acupuncture or Traditional Chinese Medicine is a wonderful way to balance body, mind and spirit during any season. When we move from mild weather to cold it can be especially helpful in preventing winter colds and flus.
- Address SAD. According to OIC’s therapist Rachel Wolfe, SAD can strike anytime during the fall and winter months and usually ends during the spring months. What can you do if you recognize these symptoms in you or someone in your family?Increase your exposure to sunlight by going for a walk or sitting next to windows when possible. Therapy is also very helpful in managing symptoms, like irritability and low energy and motivation. Some people find that taking an antidepressant medication during the fall and winter months is also helpful.
So, get ready! Winter is here. If you’re needing more support connect with our practitioners for massage, acupuncture, counseling, nutritional support and yoga. We’re here to help you find your center this winter.
Since we first opened doors over three years ago there have been two consistent comments from our fertility clients.
The first is usually something like “I can’t believe I’ve found this space.” Whether it’s the complimentary Fertility Support Group, services or just connecting; it feels good to find your “home.”
The second comment we most frequently hear is “If I had to pick one service it would be Yoga for Fertility.”
Yoga for Fertility touches upon many aspects of what an integrative center provides for fertility patients. There is an energetic quality in the flow of the class similar to the energy in Fertility Enhancing Massage. Part of the class focuses on letting go of negative thoughts or “chitta.” The postures such as Moon Salute help support the body through cycles and sometimes pregnancy. And the small class size enables students to really support each other and feel less alone on the journey.
Our registered yoga teachers have been trained by Pulling Down the Moon to provide this unique and therapeutic yoga for fertility. Students can participate at any time during their cycle.
Now we have Yoga for Fertility on both Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings. Next class starts November 22nd.
REGISTER now or email us at email@example.com with questions.
Once considered an indulgence, therapeutic massage has become an integral part of the healing process and an important component of integrative care. There are many forms of healing touch which can be helpful for a variety of conditions such as menopause, infertility, stress-related illnesses, healing from cancer and mitigating the effects of stress and other emotional and physical conditions.
According to the Mayo Clinic massage can be helpful for the following conditions:
- Digestive disorders
- Insomnia related to stress
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Paresthesias and nerve pain
- Soft tissue strains or injuries
- Sports injuries
- Temporomandibular joint pain
The mental health therapists here at OIC have also found that massage or body work can be instrumental in helping clients work through emotional issues and life changes. We live in a society in which we spend most of our time in our heads – thinking, reading, taking in information and even trying to better ourselves. Massage and body work provides a sacred time to connect with the body and quite the mind.
The licensed massage therapists at OIC offer a variety of types of massages. Visit with one of them to find out which is the best for your unique situation by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 402-934-1617.
View a list of our massage services and rates here.